Use this set of CVC Decodable Passages to help your readers develop a strong foundation in decoding skills. This set of short vowel decodable passages provides authentic opportunities for your students to practice decoding. Students will practice decoding words, reading a decodable passage, reading comprehension skills, and writing a dictated sentence. This CVC Decodable Passages set includes 15 decodable passages – 3 for each short vowel (a, e, i, o, u).
This set has 15 short vowel passages. Each phonics skill has 3 passages. Each text has words to practice decoding that align with the phonics skill, a meaningful passage, reading comprehension questions, and a dictation sentence to match the long vowel phonics skill.
These decodable passages are for students who need meaningful, explicit practice reading words with long vowels! Kindergarten through First grade students will enjoy these decodable passages. Teachers who are looking to bring the science of reading to their classroom will find a breath of fresh air as they are easy to use and help move readers forward!
- Engaging decodable passages
- Truly decodable passages
- A way to check for reading comprehension
- Meaningful dictation sentence to monitor mastery of the phonics skill
THIS IS A PERFECT FIT FOR YOUR CLASSROOM!
- Short A CVC
- Short E CVC
- Short O CVC
- Short I CVC
- Short U CVC
- Science of Reading Literacy Centers Bundle
- Decodable Readers for Science of Reading Small Group Curriculum
- Sound Wall with Mouth Pictures
- Phonological Awareness Activities and Phonemic Awareness Activities
I am happy to answer any questions you may have before making your purchase. I hope you enjoy this resource in your classroom!