Open Syllables activities in this set of Science of Reading Literacy Centers provide meaningful practice for growing readers! Move readers forward with open syllables activities to help with decoding and confidence! Keep them engaged in purposeful activities that help build a solid foundation while you are using your science of reading small group curriculum to meet readers where they are!
This set of Science of Reading Literacy Centers for open syllables has 10 activities. The activities focus on identifying open and closed syllables, building open syllable words, writing words with open syllables, identifying the open syllable sound, and more!
The Open Syllables center set is created for the teacher who is ready to dive into rethinking their literacy instruction from beginning to end! Kindergarten through First Grade students will find these centers helpful as they work to build and solidify a strong literacy foundation based on research.
- Engaging activities
- Easy prep
- No-stress management
THIS IS A PERFECT FIT FOR YOUR CLASSROOM!
- Open vs. Closed Syllables Play-Doh Smash
- Building Open Syllable Words
- Open Syllables Clip Cards
- Open Syllables Picture Matching
- Open Syllables Puzzles
- Color by Open Syllables or Closed Syllables
- Open Syllables Word Reading
- Open Syllable Word Mats: Read it, Build it, Write it
- Open Syllables Spin and Cover
- Open Syllables Dice Games
Check out these other Science of Reading resources!