Are you ready to dive into determining importance with your readers? Are you not sure which books to use or how to use them to teach this reading strategy? This unit has 7 days of making inferences activities and easy to follow lesson plans that are perfect for the first grade or kindergarten classroom during interactive read aloud time.
Inside you will find:
- Interactive Read Aloud Notes
- Reading Strategy Notes
- Example Teaching Schedule
- Reading Strategy Anchor Chart
- Reader’s Toolbox Strategy Tool
- Lesson 1: Introducing Determining Importance: What is Important?
- Lesson 2: Determining Importance: Using Story Elements
- Lesson 3: Determining Importance: Important vs. Extra Details
- Lesson 4: Determining Importance: Conversations With a Partner
- Lesson 5: Determining Importance: Using Nonfiction Text
- Lesson 6: Determining Importance: Nonfiction Detail Sort
- Lesson 7: Determining Importance On My Own
- Digital Components: Digital Resource Guide and Links for digital anchor charts and assessment page