With Valentine’s Day around the corner, it’s time to figure out what to give to your kiddos. Maybe you are a teacher who wants to give something to their whole class or maybe you are a parent who wants to give something other than candy to your child’s classmates. You also do not want to break the bank! I get it! I have been there as a teacher and am currently there as a parent. Here is a candy-free valentine printable that is FREE for you!
I grabbed these googly eyes from the Dollar Tree when my friend told me, “RUN! They have them!!” There were 10 in the package for only $1! What a deal!
As a teacher, I loved using them in my guided reading groups. We put them on our fingers and used our “reading eyes” to point as we tracked the text and worked on one-to-one correspondence.
Add this FREE card to them and you are set with your candy-free valentine!
To make this fun, valentine card:
- Print the FREE candy-free valentine printable. You can choose from any of the 4 designs, or mix-and-match them.
- Cut the cards out.
- Fold the cards in half softly, without creasing.
- Slide the hole punch over the folded part and punch a hole in the book.
- Unfold the card and press on
thback to make sure there is no crease showing.
- Using scissors, cut a line between the holes punched.
- Slide in the googly eyes!
Grab the FREEBIE by clicking HERE or on the image below.
You’re little readers, or your child’s little friends, are SURE to be one point as they are reading with their googly eyes!!