Today I’m linking up with Blog Hoppin’ for Teacher Week!
When I was thinking about my “must haves”, I was having a difficult time doing only school things. That’s only part of my life. I finally broke it down to these 3 categories: in the classroom, as a teacher, at home.
In the classroom-
- My Guided Reading Binder! I seriously don’t know how I would do small groups without this thing. It has been a key to my organization and implementation.
- Lucy Calkin’s Writing Workshop books and Reading Workshop books. You all know how much I love writer’s workshop and how much I believe in it. I can’t wait to try her Reading Workshop sequence this year!
As a teacher-
- Comfy shoes! I wear flats everyday. I do not know how some people teach in wedges or heals. Bless your little souls!! I’m also a Toms fan. I have about 7 pair and really like them!!
- Great music on my drive! I jam out to Shane and Shane or even Christmas music sometimes. (Hubs always says “uggghhhh, turn this off!” when he gets in my car and hears the Christmas music! HA! 🙂
At Home Working-
- Comfy blanket! I sit on the couch when I work and I always have a blanket on my lap. Yes, even when it’s hot outside I sit with a blanket on my lap. I think it’s all about the comfort!
- Prayer Journal! Ladies and gents, I *cling* to this thing! Prayer is what gets me through every day because as you all know, somedays are just a little crazy! Plus, prayer changes things and that’s a HUGE deal! Sometimes it’s just good to be reminded that in the end, I just need Jesus and that is all!