Are you ready to dive into synthesizing with your readers? Are you not sure which books to use or how to use them to teach this reading strategy? This unit has 7 days of lesson plans with synthesizing reading activities that are perfect for the first grade or second grade classroom.
Inside you will find:
- Interactive Read Aloud Notes
- Reading Strategy Notes
- Example Teaching Schedule
- Reading Strategy Anchor Chart
- Reader’s Toolbox Strategy Tool
- Lesson 1: Introducing Synthesizing: I See More!
- Lesson 2: Synthesizing: My Thinking Grows or Changes
- Lesson 3: Synthesizing: Using the Characters and Events
- Lesson 4: Synthesizing: Conversations With a Partner
- Lesson 5: Synthesizing: Using Nonfiction Text
- Lesson 6: Synthesizing: Conversations With a Partner
- Lesson 7: Synthesizing On My Own
- Digital Components: Digital Resource Guide and Links for digital anchor charts and assessment page