Are you working on asking questions while reading with your students? Are you not sure which books to use or how to use them to teach this reading strategy? This interactive read aloud lesson plan set has 7 days of scripted lesson plans that are perfect for the first grade classroom. They have been tested and used in a first grade classroom and were perfect for introducing and practicing questioning.
Inside you will find:
- Interactive Read Aloud Notes
- Reading Strategy Notes
- Example Teaching Schedule
- Reading Strategy Anchor Chart
- Reader’s Toolbox Strategy Tool
- *NEW* Each lesson has sticky notes for books, vocabulary cards, and a vocabulary activity page
- Lesson 1: Introducing Questioning
- Lesson 2: Introducing a Visual Aid for Questioning
- Lesson 3: Questioning Before, During, and After Reading
- Lesson 4: Questioning Before, During, and After Reading
- Lesson 5: Questioning Before, During, and After Reading
- Lesson 6: Answering Our Questions
- Lesson 7: Asking and Answering On My Own
If you are looking for more read aloud lessons, I have monthly read aloud resources for the whole school year!