Happy Saturday, ya’ll! My sweet friend Cindy over at Primary Reading Party was so kind to share her Super Bowl literacy unit with me! My kids have enjoyed it and I just wanted to share it with you all!
First of all, THE best thing I love about this unit is that my BOYS LOVE IT!! As I was introducing it, I could see their little brains turning….”Hmmm, how can I get to the word work shelf first? Am I even at that station today?” They couldn’t WAIT to use it!
This unit has it all!! We have mainly been using the word work activities. Here are some snapshots of my friends in action.
sorting the word wall cards into ABC order
making words (This activity was new for my friends and they LOVED it! They made read words and non-sense words.)
This unit has great comparing and contrasting activities. Cindy also did a great job of providing several ideas for her vocabulary cards provided. They are so kid friendly! Easy to read text and not too busy! Great for my little ones who are still becoming comfortable with text.
- Super Bowl and Grey Cup prediction pages
- Making Words pages for “football” and “goalpost”
- Word writing with letter boxes
- Word Scrabmle
- Word Wall Cards (2 sets, 2 different variations)
- Word Activity ideas and necessary activity sheets
- Labeling pages
- Venn Diagrams to compare and contrast the Super Bowl and Grey Cup