Shared reading poems are the perfect way to integrate literacy and science as you are inviting the students to practice reading with you! Use the Shared Reading 5 day plan provided and be set! With these fun, rhythmic, songs/poems, students enjoy reading along with the teacher each day as they focus on a different reading skill or strategy.
This bundle includes:
- 39 weeks of poems and songs in print and Google Slides ™ (2 styles of each poem)
- a whole group phonics pocket chart sort in print and Google Slides ™
- 2 phonics cut-and-paste practice activities
- a 5 day plan with suggestions for a teaching sequence
How else can I use these materials?
- Use the paper copies of the poem in a poetry station
- Use the phonics pocket chart sort in a pocket chart or word work station
- Use the cut-and-paste activities as morning work, homework, or in a word work station after you have completed the pocket chart sort whole group
- Add the poem to a poetry folder and reread to help build fluency
- Assign the poem through your distance learning platform
If you want to read more about shared reading, check out THIS BLOG POST!
Inside this bundle, you will find poems/songs on the topics of:
- May: Habitats, Ocean, Fish, Zoo
- August: Being a Scientist, Let’s Say Healthy!, My Five Senses
- September: Magnets, Apples, States of Matter, Fall
- October: Forms of Energy, Spiders, Force and Motion, Bats
- November: Pumpkins, Seasons, Turkeys, Weather
- December: Reindeer, Mammals, Snow, Birds
- January: Arctic, Penguins, Day & Night, Sun, Moon, and Stars
- February: Reptiles, Amphibians, Dental Health, Rocks and Soil
- March: Clouds & Water, Insects, Living and Nonliving, Plants
- April: Farm, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Life Cycles, Rainforest
If you have any questions, I am happy to help you!