Having kindergarten phonics activities and kindergarten word work activities for students on hand is a no-brainer! They are a valuable component of guided reading small groups and aid in students’ learning to read. Having students work on their ability level helps build upon the skills they have and develop a deeper understanding. These kindergarten phonics and kindergarten word work activities are not tied to any book but are perfect for intervention time, literacy stations, and small groups.
There are 40+ Kindergarten Phonics Activities and Word Work Activities included!
- Kindergarten Phonics and Word Work Activities: Set 1
- Kindergarten Phonics and Word Work Activities: Set 2
- Kindergarten Phonics and Word Work Activities: Set 3
- Kindergarten Phonics and Word Work Activities: Set 4
Skills focused on:
- letter i.d.
- initial sounds
- manipulating initial sounds
- syllable counting
- sound segmenting
- sight words
- consonant and short vowel sounds (a & o)
- hearing sounds in order
- manipulating initial and final sounds
- inflectional endings
- manipulating initial, medial, and final sounds
- manipulating onsets and digraphs/blends
Interested in Word Work Activities for First Grade? You can find it HERE!
The sight words focused on in each level correlate to the sight words that are focused on in the Guided Reading Lesson Plans and Books leveled kits. You can find those HERE.
Looking for MORE Small Group materials?
If you are interested in using this kit with your team or school, please contact me at email@example.com
Many schools are looking for a place to help jump-start their teachers as they are beginning a guided reading program. This is the perfect way to come alongside teachers and coach them through the process by providing easy to implement activities that focus on skills that are proven to promote success!