Having phonics activities for first grade students on hand is a no-brainer! They are a valuable component of reading instruction and aid in students’ building a strong reading foundation. Having students work on their level helps build upon the skills they have and develop a deeper understanding. These first grade phonics and word work activities are not tied to any book but are perfect for intervention time, literacy stations, and small groups.
- First Grade Phonics Activities: Set 1
- First Grade Phonics Activities: Set 2
- First Grade Phonics Activities: Set 3
- First Grade Phonics Activities: Set 4
- First Grade Phonics Activities: Set 5
- First Grade Phonics Activities: Set 6
Skills focused on:
- Medial Sounds: Short Vowels
- Medial Sounds: Manipulating Short Vowels
- Initial Blends
- Final Blends
- Manipulating Final Blends and Digraphs
- Long Vowels with Silent e
- -Digraphs (less common)
- Initial and Final Blends with Short Vowels
- Initial and Final Blends
- Silent e
- R Controlled Vowels
- Word Analogies
- Vowel Teams
- Initial and Final Blends and Digraphs
- Multisyllabic Words
- Prefixes and Suffixes
- Compound Words: Level 2
- Vowel Teams: Level 2
- Sight Words
Interested in Word Work Activities for Kindergarten? You can find it HERE!
The sight words focused on in each level correlate to the sight words that are focused on in the Guided Reading Lesson Plans and Books leveled kits. You can find those HERE.
Looking for MORE Small Group materials?
Decodable Books and Lesson Plans
Guided Reading Leveled Books and Lesson Plans
Kindergarten Literacy Stations
If you are interested in using this kit with your team or school, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Many schools are looking for a place to help jump-start their teachers as they are beginning a guided reading program. This is the perfect way to come alongside teachers and coach them through the process by providing easy to implement activities that focus on skills that are proven to promote success!
There are no reviews yet.