Today I’m linking up with Mrs. Lemons! I have fallen in love with both her school blog and her personal blog. She’s been so sweet and has been so encouraging to me, too. I’m so thankful for gals who love the Lord in blog land! 🙂
1. I’m the oldest of 3 kids. My brothers are quite younger than me, but most definitely taller! We are 6 years and 8 years apart. I love them both and the older they get, the closer we grow! It’s been wonderful to see how God has stretched them and how they are becoming men!
2. I married my college sweetheart. We didn’t get married until 2 years out of college and it felt like FOREVER to me! Looking back, I’m so glad it worked out like that.
3. I BLEED maroon! I’m an Aggie through and through! Every year my class knows that’s Mrs. Richardson’s college and they know that I think they should all go there. I even have 4 children’s books about my school. Yes, we read them every year! My hubs and I still go back for football games every season. This will be year 5 of making the drive to great ‘ole College Station many, many weekends in the fall.
4. My daddy is an identical twin! Hubs and I are crossing our fingers for twins one of these days! They do run on both sides of my family and on one side of hub’s family.
5. Because my dad is an identical twin, it means my cousins and I are pretty much like half siblings! We all look A LOT alike! and DARN! I can’t find a picture! 🙁
6. I call my best friend “Tam”. Her name is Kali. So Tam is not even close. Tam became a term of endearment during college through some crazy event and it just stuck. We sign cards “Tam” even though in the greeting it also says, “Tam,”. Strange, I know! We lived together for 4 years. Then when I got married she had to find new roommates. But when she got married and moved in with her hubs, we ended up living in the same neighborhood!! A year later, I found out we were moving. It didn’t make it so bad when she found out she was moving, too! Sadly, we moved to different cities, but Tams we will always be!
7. My most favorite vacation spot in the whole world is the Frio River! Growing up we would go camping at Garner State Park every summer for two weeks. It was wonderful!
8. I like to run. I have ran 2 half’s, a marathon relay, a 10K and several 5Ks. I really want to run one more 1/2 before kiddos come. I’m determined to beat my time! This is my friend and new running buddy Jessica. We met at church and look! She bleeds maroon, too!
9. I went to Bangladesh this summer on a mission trip!! I met so many wonderful people who have just stolen my heart!!
10. I love salads but I do NOT like lettuce on hamburgers or tacos or anything else.
11. I love to sew! I got a sewing machine for Christmas 2 years ago and use it a lot!
Love your mad sewing skills…and Garner State Park…I lived close to there…when hubby and I first got married..it’s a lovely area. 🙂
So wonderful!! We would LOVE to live there!!
Whoop, Whoop for the Aggies! I am a Texas teacher and your newest follower. I love finding other teachers who believe God has called them to the classroom. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)
I always LOVE hearing about my fellow Aggies. I, too, begin brainwashing my students to become Aggies from Day 1. My dad was class of ’43, father-in-law ’50, husband (drum major of the Aggie Band) ’75, me ’78, sons – ’02, 05, ’07, daughters-in-law ’03, ’05 and many other family members.I will definitely be following you from now on!
That’s so great to hear!! My husband and I are class of ’08. There’s a chance we know your son that is ’07. You never know! Thanks for following me. I hope you are able to use things. 🙂
Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing! I am a runner (ok sometimes jogger) too! Nothing releases endorphins like a long run on the nature trail with only the charming birds, secretive deer, wild turkeys and lounging cows to accompany one’s run (and of course the mosquitoes and horseflies). Please check out my Blog if you have not done so!
Love your craft projects! So cute!
Thank you! 🙂
I purchased the Guided Reading Bundle: Levels A-D from Teachers Pay Teachers. But I didn’t get D. So what do I need to do to get it since it was not in the download? Thanks