Use these Veterans Day activities in digital and print form to engage students and teach about the meaning of this holiday! It easily integrates social studies and literacy! It is easy to create with the printing instructions or DIGITAL format that is included.
This resource includes 6 pages of Veterans Day activities from reading, to writing, to labeling, and more! It discusses how the holiday is celebrated, the 5 branches of the military, and gives space for students to write about their favorite veteran.
This activity can be completed one page at a time little by little, or all in one day! Assign the whole slide deck to virtual students, or assign one slide at a time for them to complete.
Inside you will find:
- Instructions for printing
- Picture examples
- 6 pages of Veterans Day activities for students
- NEW Digital Notebook for Google Slides™
See how to print and fold the Flip Up Books HERE!
Hear from other teachers who have used this resource:
- Sherese S. said, “I think I may be addicted to these flipbooks. They are cute and so full of valuable information, as well as having built in comprehension checks.”
- Cheerful in First said, “This resource was very well designed and user-friendly! I used it whole class with my first graders and it was the perfect activity.”
- Kristine said, “This flipbook was required for my students to complete independently and really made them think about the different branches of the military, which many of them did not know existed. Thank you.”
Please let me know if you have any questions! I am happy to help!