What students DON’T enjoy singing and rhythmic poems? Shared reading poems are the perfect way to integrate literacy and science as you are inviting the students to practice reading with you-shared reading! With these fun, rhythmic, songs/poems, students enjoy reading along with the teacher each day as they focus on a different reading skill or strategy.
This resource includes:
- 4 weeks of poems and songs (2 styles of each poem)
- a whole group phonics pocket chart sort
- 2 phonics cut-and-paste practice activities for each week
- a 5 day plan with suggestions for teaching
- DIGITAL Google Slides of each poem and phonics sort
The poem topics and phonics activities included are:
- The Cloudy Day: /ou/ sound
- Insects: /aw/ sound
- Living Things: /ay/ sound
- Plant Parts: /ui/ sound
How else can I use these materials?
- Use the paper copies of the poem in a poetry station
- Use the phonics pocket chart sort in a pocket chart or word work station
- Use the cut-and-paste activities as morning work, homework, or in a word work station after you have completed the pocket chart sort whole group
- Add the poem to a poetry folder and reread to help build fluency
- Assign the poem through your distance learning platform
There are no reviews yet.