Do your students enjoy singing and rhythmic poems? Shared Reading poems are a GREAT way to integrate literacy and science in your classroom! With these fun, rhythmic, songs/poems, students enjoy reading along with the teacher each day as they focus on a different reading skill or strategy.
This resource includes:
- 4 weeks of poems and songs in print and Google Slides ™ (2 styles of each poem)
- a whole group phonics pocket chart sort in print and Google Slides ™
- 2 phonics cut-and-paste practice activities for each week
- a suggested teaching sequence for the week
The poem topics and phonics activities included are:
- Reindeer: -l blends
- Mammals: /ur/ words
- Snowy Day: /or/ words
- Beautiful Birds: /ir/ words
How else can I use these materials?
- Use the paper copies of the poem in a poetry station
- Use the phonics pocket chart sort in a pocket chart or word work station
- Use the cut-and-paste activities as morning work, homework, or in a word work station after you have completed the pocket chart sort whole group
- Add the poem to a poetry folder and reread to help build fluency
- Assign the poem through your distance learning platform
Do you want to be set with shared reading for the entire year?
Check out the MONEY SAVING Shared Reading Bundle!