What students DON’T enjoy singing and rhythmic poems? Poetry is the perfect way to integrate literacy and science as you are inviting the students to practice reading with you-shared reading! With these fun, rhythmic, songs/poems, students enjoy reading along with the teacher each day as they focus on a different reading skill or strategy.
This resource includes:
- 4 weeks of poems and songs in print and Google Slides ™ (2 styles of each poem)
- a whole group phonics pocket chart sort in print and Google Slides ™
- 2 phonics cut-and-paste practice activities for each week
- a suggested teaching sequence for the week
The poem topics and phonics activities included are:
- Magnets: short a
- Apple Trees: short e
- States of Matter: short i
- Fall Leaves: short o
How else can I use these materials?
- Use the paper copies of the poem in a poetry station
- Use the phonics pocket chart sort in a pocket chart or word workstation
- Use the cut-and-paste activities as morning work, homework, or in a word work station after you have completed the pocket chart sort whole group
- Add the poem to a poetry folder and reread to help build fluency
- Assign the poem through your distance learning platform
Do you want to be set with shared reading for the entire year?
Check out the MONEY SAVING Shared Reading Bundle!
If you have any questions, I am happy to help you!
There are no reviews yet.