Looking for an engaging writing craftivity for your students this winter? This BEST SELLING Gingerbread Writing craftivity is perfect for your students to self-assess their own writing! For each writing convention, the students earn a part of their gingerbread kid. It’s a great way to integrate some meaningful writing and be purposeful with an adorable craft!
- Teacher Directions p. 3
- Gingerbread Examples p. 4-5
- Gingerbread Templates p. 6-11
- Gingerbread Writing Templates (Secondary Lines) p. 12-16
- Gingerbread Writing Templates (Primary Lines) p. 17-21
- Writing Rubric p. 22-23
- Create Your Own Writing Rubric p. 24-25
- Student Checklists p. 26-28
- Create Your Own Student Check List p.29
- Parent Letters p. 30-31
Writing TEKS Assessed:
- Writing with a beginning (1.18A)
- Writing with a middle (1.18A)
- Writing with an end (1.18A)
- Using periods (1.21C)
- Using capital letters (1.17D)
- Using the word wall (1.22C, 1.22E)
If you love this, be sure to check out my other Writing Assessment BUNDLE!
I would love to answer any questions if you have them! I hope this writing assessment tool is a great motivation for your students!