Do you want to reinforce beginning of the year procedures? Teaching classroom procedures can become a bore. Use this activity to not only keep your students engaged, but to also assess their knowledge of classroom routines and procedures. You can use this after all procedures have been taught, or as each procedure is being taught.
Here are a few ideas!
- Have the students draw a selfie of them doing the procedure correctly. Use the letter photo cards to create a bulletin board display with all of the Back to School #selfies.
- Copy the templates onto colored paper or cardstock. Have students use camera devices to snap selfies of them doing the procedures correctly. The students will then paste the pictures onto the templates.
- Use the mini-book version to allow the students to create their own book.
- Share the task of creating a class book. Have each student illustrate on the large selfie paper. Use the book cover provided (color or black & white) to create a class book. When a new student arrives, someone can use the class book to show and teach procedures to the new student.
- Large Selfie Templates
- Selfie Mini-Book with Primary Lines
- Selfie Mini-Book with Secondary Lines
- Selfie Class Book Cover in Color
- Selfie Class Book Cover in B&W
- “Back to School #Selfie” Bulletin Board Display Letters in Color
- “Back to School #Selfie” Bulletin Board Display Letters in B&W