Are you unsure of where to begin when it comes to guided reading lessons? This guided reading assessment kit is the solution for your K-2 groups! With the beautifully illustrated texts and easy to follow instructions, you will be able to get an accurate baseline for your guided reading instruction!
Easily use this kit for both in-person and distance learning before you begin small groups in K-2! This part of your daily instruction will be more important than ever for your readers! Begin with a solid starting point using this guided reading assessment kit!
- 26 books
- Levels A-M
- 1 fiction and 1 nonfiction per level
- Books in printable and digital format to easily share on your learning platform
- Running records for each book
- Comprehension questions and a grading rubric
- Instructions for how to take and score the running record
- Teacher instructions for giving the assessment for both in-person and digital teaching
- Parent note/letter to send home or email for virtual assessing
- Datasheet to record data for the beginning, middle, and end of the year
Prior to beginning small group instruction, you need a baseline assessment so you know where to begin and how to group your kids!
- Print the books (or use the digital ones!)
- Print the running records
- Organize them how you’d like (I used file folders and a tub!)
- Meet with students one-on-one to do an initial assessment
- Record your data and organize students!
You are sure to be set for your guided reading groups!
Want to grow in your guided reading practice? Join the Guided Reading Unpacked Waitlist–the online workshop that hundreds of teachers have joined to reach every reader!