Ready to hold your own Classroom Winter Games competition? Use this as the Winter Olympics 2022 are in action this year! There are 9 activities that can be implemented in multiple ways. Spend 9 days celebrating with your own classroom Winter Games and do an activity a day, have a winter Olympics day or use them with other teachers to have your students rotate through them.
Directions for each winter game are included along with a color and black and white outline of a gold, silver, and bronze medal to use to award after each game! This unit was created with 1st grade learners in mind and is GREAT for reviewing all skills!
Inside you will find:
- Classroom Winter Games Instructions
- Score Sheet
- Game/ Station Labels
- Torch Hat and Medals
- Speed Skating (Timed Sight Word Reading Fluency)
- Cross Country Skiing (Sentence Correcting)
- Luge (Timed Math Facts Fluency)
- Ice Hockey (Math Facts Fluency as a Team- Find the Missing Addend with sums of 5 and 10)
- Ice Skating (Fluency Phrase Reading)
- Ski Jumping (Measurement)
- Curling (Spelling)
- Bobsledding (Math Story Problem Match)
- Snowboarding (Reading Comprehension)
See more on the blog HERE!