These interactive read aloud lessons for your first week or two of school are PERFECT! Get to know your students and help teach procedures with these back to school activities. Just add your favorite back to school books and you’re ready to teach!
Included for each book are a detailed lesson plan and two activities that help teach procedures, get to know your students or teach expectations. There is also an anchor chart idea included for each book, including the pieces necessary to make each chart.
Books used are:
- First Day Jitters
- The Kissing Hand
- Brand-new Pencils, Brand-new Books
- Officer Buckle and Gloria
- Lily’s Purple Plastic Purse
- How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?
- Ruby the Copycat
- Have You Filled a Bucket Today?
- The Recess Queen
- **BONUS ACTIVITY**Chicka Chicka Boom Boom